Was looking at some COBOL code, and decided to refresh my memory and do an online course, its been a while, so I did the OpenText/MicroFocus COBOL Fundamentals course and got the snazzy badge
Summer season content changes
- Add new summer schedule and pricings with links to Revolut for payments
- Add new activities with photos
- Remove oboslete content
- Update WordPress Version
- Update PHP version
- Update Theme
- Update Plugins
- Update WP version
- Update WP Theme
- Update WP Plugins
- Add SSL to site
Following the relaxation of COVID rules on 28/2/2022 a number of edits were required to remove and modify specific posts on websites.
Brighter days are ahead hopefully!
Continuing on from MathWorks MATLAB Onramp course, I completed the Machine Learning and Deep Learning courses. They are interesting and the software for the courses is very good while it is a little different from the desktop or online version of MATLAB that is not an issue.
And so MATHLAB confronted me, it seems powerful, and the Onramp course is very straightforward to navigate over a couple of hours. Anyways you get a snazzy certification of completion as you commence your MATHLAB Journey
A lot of noise has been online about the various messaging applications, Elon Musk announced he was using Signal instead of WhatsApp etc. for security reasons and impending changes – here is a breakdown of the attributes of various messaging apps.
Some interesting links for those concerned about what google has stored on you and how to improve your privacy.
- Interesting item from Life Hacker how to delete your google data – https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2020/08/how-to-automatically-delete-your-google-data-and-why-you-should/
- What data Google and Facebook have stored about you – Guardian Article (2018) – https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/all-the-data-facebook-google-has-on-you-privacy
- Installed anti-spam measures on the online presence of a client.
- Security Updates.
- Housekeeping on the website, update filters for contact forms.
- Interaction with Client’s Social Media Call to Action.
SEMRush has a number of courses and certificates on its SEMRush Academy. Focused on SEO and using its products they do give an interesting insight into how search engines index your website, how to manage your website from an SEO point of view. I complete both the SEO Fundamentals and Technical SEO course and did both the exams. They are both quite good courses, I would have some misgivings about obvious answers to true or false questions, or hours of the same instructor speaking but overall it is beneficial. The tips particularly in the Technical SEO course, on what tools to use to emulate how a search engine sees your website is invaluable.